Homeowners and landscapers will find useful information to help them conserve water, such as tips on how to reduce indoor water use and how to water more efficiently outdoors, including how to design, install and maintain landscapes and gardens.
- WaterSense (EPA) – Find information on the best ways to use water, how to create a water budget for your home, where you can buy WaterSense products, plus many great conservation tips
- Drought Management Database (NDMC) – Find a wide variety of information, resources, and strategies used to deal with drought, including topics ranging from physical and mental health to plants and wildlife
Conservation Tips for Nevadans:
Helpful Resources for Landscapes and Gardens in Nevada:
- Landscaping Guide Northern Nevada (TMWA)
- Landscape Designs and Plans Southern Nevada (SNWA)
- Master Gardeners of Nevada (Extension)
- Smart About Water Northern Nevada (TMWA)
- Tips for Keeping Your Landscape Plants Alive During a Drought (Extension)
- Water-Smart Plant Search for Southern Nevada (SNWA)
Knowledgeable Experts and Qualified Professionals:
- Need a Master Gardener?
- If you have any landscape-related questions, you can call and speak with horticulture specialists or Master Gardeners at Cooperative Extension offices in Reno (775-784-4848) or Las Vegas (702-222-3130). Alternatively, you can ‘Ask a Master Gardener’ online at their website
- Need a water-efficient landscape professional?
Residential Rebate Opportunities:
- Southern Nevada Water Authority offers the following rebates:
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority in Northern Nevada does not currently offer any rebate opportunities. More information can be found at their website